Sunday, March 23, 2008

They try to make me go to rehab and I say Peep, Peep, Peep.

Is there a twelve-step program for sugarholics? I feel as if I could use one right now as another Easter draws to a close. Let's see, there were several chocolate eggs, some Reese's peanut butter eggs, a rich dessert at a family gathering and too many jellybeans to count (Starburst-brand, in sour and tropical fruit flavors). This sugar hangover is enough to drive one to cauliflower.

One sugary delight I did not partake of this year was Peeps, simply because I didn't get the chance to buy any and no one gave them to my kids. What I enjoy even more than eating Peeps is admiring the Peeps creations that people submitted annually to various media groups. They demonstrate creativity, manual dexterity, effective use of glue guns and, in most cases, a sick sense of humor that I can only appreciate.

My favorite Peep Show this year (from which I stole the title of this post) comes from The Washington Post. Click here to catch your jollies. Which is your favorite?

1 comment:

Mokihana said...

I love all your Peeps links... I have some in the kitchen, in their unopened packages. I think maybe I'll go blow one up in the microwave.